Thank you for visiting the website of Media-X. Media-X is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy as a visitor to our website at https://www.media-x.com/.
Personal Information and Choice
“Personal information” is information about an individual that is readily identifiable to that specific individual. Personal information includes personal identifiers such as an individual’s name, address, phone number, and social security number. A domain name or Internet Protocol address is not considered personal information.
We collect no personal information about you unless you voluntarily participate in an activity that asks for information (e.g., sending an e-mail or participating in a survey). If you choose not to participate in these activities, your choice will in no way affect your ability to use any other feature of the Media-X website. If personal information is requested on the website or volunteered by the user, state law and the federal Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. 552a) may protect it. However, this information is a public record once you provide it, and may be subject to public inspection and copying if not otherwise protected by federal or state law. [e.g., Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) (18 U.S.C. 2510-2520, 2701-2709); Data Processing Confidentiality Act (30 ILCS 585/0.01 et seq.).]
What Information Is Automatically Collected?
If, during your visit to the Media-X website, you just browse or download information, the following information about your visit could be automatically collected and stored in the web server’s log:
- Your Internet Protocol address (not the e-mail address).
- The type of web browser used to access this site (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc.).
(Web pages do not always display the same on every type or version of web browser and thus must be coded for appropriate access.)
- Our website logs do not contain personally identifiable information, and we make no attempt to link them with the individuals who browse this website.
What Information Is Collected Only with Your Permission?
If you visit our website and participate in a survey, fill out a web-based form, or send an e-mail, the following additional information will be collected: Internet Correspondence: If an individual sends Media-X an e-mail message or fills out a web-based form with a question or comment that contains personal identifying information, that information will only be used to respond to the request and to analyze trends. The message may be redirected to another government agency or person who is better able to answer the question. We may retain that email address and other information as appropriate for official business purposes.Surveys: Any information you volunteered in response to a survey. Survey information is used for the purpose designated.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. For example, a website may use a cookie to store and sometimes track information about your preferences or the pages you last visited. Cookies can be used to provide useful online features for their visitors, such as customized pages and personalized services.
The Media-X website might use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are small text files placed on your hard drive by some websites and are intended for use only in the browser session in which they are created. Persistent cookies maintain information over more than one browser session. Media-X uses them for online authentication to the password-protected planned classes of the website. After a user enters a login ID and password, the cookie activates details about your computer system, line connection and browser version so that you will be directed to the server designed to provide you with optimum performance.
Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, or to ask you if you would like to accept or decline a cookie from a particular site before it is set.
Media-X is committed to protecting children’s privacy and complying fully with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) (15 U.S.C. 6501 et seq.). The Media-X site might feature select information and services that would be of interest to children 13 and under. We recommend that parents and teachers supervise children’s Internet explorations. It is particularly important for parents to guide their children when children are asked to provide personal information online.
If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to provide us with personally identifying information, and we will not use any such information in our database or other data collection activities. Users are cautioned that the collection of personal information volunteered by children online or by e-mail will be treated the same as information given by an adult and may be subject to public access.
Links to Other Sites
The Media-X website often provides a number of links that offer direct access to other useful or interesting educational websites holding potential value to site visitors. Inclusion of the other sites by links does not imply any endorsement by Media-X of the material or information on the other sites.
Security of Communications
Media-X recognizes that many people are concerned about the privacy and protection of information as it is transmitted over the Internet. You should keep in mind that the possibility exists for unauthorized individuals to intercept any e-mail message you send over the Internet. In some cases, information can be encrypted (scrambled or encoded) to make it very difficult to read if it is intercepted during communication. Certain technology and practices allow websites to provide an increased level of security for your personal and health-related information when appropriate. We use the following practices on our website to enhance the level of security for communication and the transmission of personal information:
- We use industry standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site.
- We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide.
- When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information, we redirect visitors to a secure server.
- We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site
- We use e-mail forms to allow our customers to ask questions about our services and programs. However, these are not hosted on a secure server. The possibility exists that unauthorized individuals may intercept e-mail messages.
We are not responsible for the privacy of e-mail messages except those stored in our system.
How Do We Use the Information that We Collect?
The information that we gather both automatically and with your permission during your visit to our website is used in the following ways:
- Monitor, review, measure, and analyze website utilization.
- Modify and enhance the website.
- Improve the content, layout, and design of our website.
- Observe and determine the need for new programs and services.
- Respond to your requests.
- Monitor the changing information needs of site visitors.
- Monitor and improve our customer service efforts and services.
- Study general usage habits and demographic information for our own Media-X research purposes.
- Unique IP addresses are counted to determine the number of visitors to each web page during specific time frames. Analysis of the number of visitors helps to determine how, where or if the page will be delivered in the future.
- Distribute news and other information requested by web visitors.
- Access And Correction Of Personal Information
Upon request, we provide site visitors with access to the following:
A description of information (e.g., name, address, phone number) that we maintain about them from communications that the visitor has directed to our site.
Website Contact Information
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find other ways to reach Media-X on our Contact Page.