Media-X is committed to protecting your privacy and that of our clients.This Online Privacy Statement explains why we collect information from you; how we use it and the steps we are taking to ensure that your privacy is protected.
Why we collect information from you
We collect information from you in order to be able to provide you with information, give pricing quotes, keep you updated on developments,invoice and collect payments, respond to your feedback and to provide the services for which you have contracted.
What information do we collect?
You are not required to provide any personal information to visit our website at www.media-x.com. Users can voluntarily provide personal information to sign up for a newsletter, request further product information or a pricing quote.
We may collect, use and store the following types of personal information:
- Personal information including Name, Title, Company, Address, Email, Phone, Fax and Website, if applicable, that we collect when you request information on our products or for a pricing quote or to subscribe to our newsletter.
- Accounting details such as credit card numbers and expiry dates submitted by card holder (or approved agent) for invoice payment purposes. Media-X does not retain client credit card information.
- Personal student information as provided by their agent (District, Board or School representative) including, but not limited to information such as demographics, marks, schedule, attendance records, student identification number, Individual Education Plans, records of incidents or achievements, locker combination, parents/guardian contact information.
- Personal employee information as provided by their agent (District, Board or School representative) including, but not limited to information such as demographics, schedule, employee identification number and details surrounding employment evaluations.
Media-X recognizes and acknowledges that the information collected to perform services for our clients is confidential. To enable Media-X to perform these services, the client must on occasion provide us with confidential information concerning their business affairs, finances, methods of operation, staff information, and other data hereinafter collectively referred to as “Confidential Information.” All members of the Media-X staff, as a part of their employment contract, have signed a waiver ensuring the confidentiality of all client or proprietary information. This rider covers the period of employment and extends beyond. The wording of this contract is available upon request.
Who we share this information with
No personal information will be shared, sold, rented, traded, or leased with/to any third party unless explicit permission is given by the client in response to a request from us, or as required by law. It is our intent to maintain strict confidentiality of any and all information provided to us by the client.
Use of personally-identifiable information
Personally identifiable information about you will only be used for the specific purposes for which it is provided or as authorized by law. Security of personally-identifiable information
Every Media-X employee is bound by contract to take responsibility for protecting client privacy, confidentiality, and security. Media-X uses SSL and encryption protocol to protect your sensitive information and applies other physical, technical and administrative security safeguards commensurate security risk. Appropriate controls are in place with respect to our computer systems, data processing, storage of information and back-up procedures. If we use an agent(another company) to help us serve you, the agent is bound by contract and other means to meet our same high standards.
Retention/disposal of personally identifiable information
Most personally identifiable information you provide is retained by Media-X for the duration of an active account and for two years after the calendar year you provided it, as required by law. This allows you a reasonable period of time to access and request the correction of your information. After this point in time,information is either returned to the originating agent or destroyed.
Accessing, correcting or updating personal information
Clients may review their personal information contained in Media-X files by contacting our Privacy Officer, Yvonne Day, at email@example.com, Tel: 1-888-722-9990 ext. 104, Fax: 1-613-722-6569 or 1825 Woodward Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada,K2C 0P9.
To aid in processing your request, please include the following details:
- Contact Information (your name, address or email and telephone number)
- Name of the product or service where you want the update applied
- Details of the request (e.g., change of email address, unsubscribe from a newsletter, review of your personal information, etc.)
Changes to this privacy statement
Media-X’s Online Privacy Statement may change from time to time. Any changes to our Online Privacy Statement will not change Media-X’s commitment to the safeguarding of your personal information, or the manner in which we use it. Any such changes will be posted on this Web site.
Our web site contains links to other sites created and maintained by other public and/or private sector organizations. We provide these links solely for your information and convenience. When you link to an outside Web site, you are leaving Media-X’s web site and our information management policies no longer apply.
VP Sales / Chief Privacy Officer
1-888-722-9990 ext. 104